Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away

Whoopie!! I'm not as tech-challenged as I thought I was! My niece, April, posted this photo on her Facebook profile yesterday (after I whined something about wanting to see her sweet little Kieran) and I managed to post it to my fb profile AND get it onto my blog. See, now and then I pull my head out of my behind long enough to actually figure something out for myself. Ordinarily, it goes something like this:

"Hoooonnnnneeeeeyyyyy. I reeeeeallly want this picture on my profile and my bloooooog but I don't know hoooooow. Can yoooooou do it and let me know when you're doooooone?" (I get my mad whining skillz from my kids. They're super good at it.)

His response: *sigh* "Okay."

Dude! He's going to be thrilled that I pulled this one off by MYSELF!
















So anyway, this precious, chubby-cheeked little peanut is my great-niece (is that the real term? She's my niece's baby, if you're a bit confused.)....her name is Kieran. I wrote about waiting for her birth on October 9th ("It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right"). I might be a little biased, but I think she's absolutely adorable.

(I apologize for making you go back and look up that post....I haven't become tech-savvy enough yet to figure out how to link a previous post into a new blog post. Stay tuned....I'm sure I'll figure it out one day before I'm old and grey.)

This picture is especially close to my heart because that gorgeous little girl is snuggled into the quilt I made for her. I'm glad I steered away from the typical baby pastels. These hot colors look great around her!

* * * * * * * * * * *

More rain today. Good for the lawn. Good for my marigolds. Bad for my mood. Being cooped up in the house and watching it rain? Not always my idea of a good time.

But, I digress. Did you really come here to listen to my whining? I think not.

The rain this morning reminded me, yet again, of two of my favorite mommy tools. Baseball caps and raincoats. Seriously. Once you have a kid, you might as well donate all of your umbrellas to your childless neighbors. You will never again have enough hands to hold an umbrella. Get rid of it. Get a baseball cap to keep the rain off your face. Get a good quality raincoat with a hood and you'll be fine.

Same goes for the kids. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT give your kid an umbrella. Unless you really enjoy being poked in the backside while you're trying to load the groceries into the car. Also? If there happens to be a sibling around who is also wielding an umbrella? Swordfight. And it's always fun until someone looses an eye. And if they're not trying to stab you or impale a sibling, they are twirling.

Remember the Seinfeld episode with the twirling umbrellas? Yeah. That's what kids will do. It's annoying. (Please tell me you remember that episode....don't leave me hanging like a total Seinfeld Dork.)

Put the kids in their very own raincoats and call it a day.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!