Monday, June 14, 2010

The Accidental Racist

Tonight I served watermelon for dessert....the seedless kind.  Except there's always seeds.....the white kind.  And sometimes you find other seeds....the black kind.  I've explained to my kids that the little white seeds are soft and okay to eat.  They should use a fork to pick out the black ones.

So I was only listening with half an ear while my girls discussed their watermelon and the seeds.  And then I heard this from 3-year-old Rachel:

"I don't like the blacks.  Only the whites are good."

As I nearly choked on my own watermelon, all I could think was, "I'm so glad we're not out in public right now."

3 comments:

  1. That is pretty funny! Just never know what will come out of those mouths!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And thank god she was talking about watermelons ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kids! I laughed my butt off when I read this!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!